Sunday, 27 July 2014

A Peek at My Week - July 27th

I am pleased to be linking up with Jennifer from Mrs. Laffin's Laughings for A Peek at My Week.
I have not linked up much this summer because I have not been doing much.  It would have looked like this:  Monday-putter around, Tuesday-read a book...  See?  A bit dull!
This week is a teeny tiny bit more exciting.  I found these pretty editable labels for a teacher toolkit here.  Rachel was so nice to make them editable because I have a really old 16 or 20 drawer one with little drawers all the same size.  Many of you seem to have the one with two different-sized drawers.  I was able to work with Rachel's template to make these:
Wouldn't it be great if I knew exactly how many drawers I actually had?!  Oh well.  I made a second page.  Tomorrow, I hope to pop to school and put these babies on my toolkit.  Fingers crossed that it works...  Then, of course, I'm going to enjoy a lovely lunch with my BFF Shana.  :-)
On Tuesday, my mom and I are going to hop across the border for some awesome shopping (and eating)!  I'm hoping Target and/or Walmart still have the $1 Crayolas!!!  I'm also obsessively going to my Walmart and Staples in search of the 10¢ 80-page spiral notebooks.  (I use these for my interactive notebooks.)  My mom and I will probably eat at Olive Garden.  All of our Olive Gardens closed up a few years ago.
Sweet Jax has a vet appointment on Wednesday.  The vet staff love to cuddle that big sweetie!  And Thursday I have another fun lunch planned with great friends.
Next weekend is a long holiday weekend in Canada.  Monday is called a Civic Holiday.  I don't believe it is celebrating anything special.  It just allows an awesome long weekend in the middle of our summer.  My cousin from Vancouver, together with his wife and 1-year old, my cousin for New York City, and my family from close by are all meeting about an hour away for lunch.  I love those family occasions!

Finally, here is my husband (who refused to smile for this photo) route planning our flight to North Carolina.  He has spent a good chunk of the day doing this, and here he is with all of the charts taped together.  What a huge job!  Isn't he great?
I'm off to laminate those labels!  Happy Sunday!


7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun week ahead! I'm loving your new background! Did you make it?

    Rachel
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  2. Men and their maps....they just love looking at them, huh? Oh, and organizing the itinerary for trips. Ha ha!
    Have fun during your busy week of lunching!!

    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you have a fun week planned. The trip sounds awesome. Where are you going in NC? I grew up in Charlotte, and I loved just about every vacation spot.

    Enjoy your shopping! Good luck finding the notebooks, and I hope your labels work out. They look great!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. What??? A man is looking at a map?? He's a keeper! :) Enjoy your very fun week. I love Olive Garden too and am happy to have one right here in town.

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very jealous of your cross-border shopping - I am always jealous when I hear about people`s finds and deals that are not available in Canada. Have a great time in NC!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been buying all the spiral notebooks for interactive notebooking, too! We ran out this past year and they are way more expensive in February! So are glue sticks, so if you see a deal on those, please share!!! Have fun shopping!

    A Teaspoon of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not found 10 cent notebooks, but I did find them for 17 cents at Staples! Happy school shopping! :)

    -Lisa
    Mrs. Spangler in the Middle

    ReplyDelete