Tuesday, 1 July 2014

July Currently

Happy July, my friends!  I am linking up with Farley at Oh' Boy 4th Grade for her July Currently linky party.  I'm not going to say "Is it July already?" because I have been looking forward to summer break for a while now, and it is finally here!
After reading about poor Farley's misfortunes I found it hard to put that I am wanting or needing anything.  (In secret I would LOVE two more Bloglovin' followers - I'm at 198!  Sooooo close!)  We have made some progress in the quest for a barbecue that doesn't rust out every two or three years.  My husband has found a couple of stainless steel ones with a lifetime guarantee.  Fingers crossed...  Today the humidex is supposed to be 39 degrees Celsius/102 degrees Fahrenheit which is pretty hot for this un-airconditioned house.  So we are definitely celebrating Canada Day with dinner out!  On the 4th of July, I'm going to run with a friend, take her to Costco, and eat a delicious lunch.  (Do you notice that I seem to talk about food a lot?  I love eating!  And I love eating out!)

I have been reading The Daily Five (second edition).  I had read the original edition a few years ago.  There are significant changes to the second edition that made it worth getting.  It has actual lesson plans and excellent examples added.
I'll keep you posted as I read the last half of the book.  Have a great day!!

8 comments:

  1. I've ordered the Daily 5 book, can't wait to read it over the summer (when it finally starts for me!) I hope you get your BBQ, they are the best in the summer!

    Butterflying Through Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. 102 degrees and no air conditioning???? Ouch... I feel worse for you than I do for Farley! ;) I will help you out on reaching 200, I need to follow more 4th grade blogs as I may be headed there myself! Hope you get some relief from the heat today!
    Dirt Road Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really hope you can get your BBQ. I am like you and I wanted to have a lot of Bloglovin followers. Hope you have a great Fourth of July!

    Jasmine H.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how you survive without air conditioning! I thought it was hot here in Georgia, but you have us beat! I'd love to follow you on Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BBQ, BBQ, BBQ, BBQ, BBQ......I'm cheering for it. Happy Canada Day, Lisa!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  6. My GOODNESS it's hot there! I didn't know it got that hot there.
    If I could follow you again I would, just to get you to your goal. ; )
    I think your plans for the 4th sound good. That sounds like a perfect day to me!

    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have a stainless steel BBQ and it hasn't rusted. Had it now for 10 years. Good luck with yours.
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Designs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know there was a new Daily 5 out I will have to look into that one. Good luck with your BBQ, and I hope it cools down a little. I would always prefer the heat to cold, but 102 is hot!

    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth

    ReplyDelete