Tuesday, 8 July 2014

Summer Holidays - Week 2

I have been very busy since I last talked to you.  I have now finished reading two more professional books:
I would highly recommend these books.  Comprehension Connections introduces each comprehension strategy with a prop.  It is very nicely laid out.  The author, Tanny McGregor, provides songs, art, and quotes that complement each strategy.  What's Your Math Problem explains each problem solving strategy and gives examples of questions for each division.  There are tons of sample problems at the back - I mean tons!

I have also been working on creating new Math Stretches for September.  Here is an example of one of my Graphing pages and one of my Number of the Day pages.
Some of the graphs have the question and no data; the question, labels, no numbers...  This one has the data (sort of) but no question at all.

Some of my other pages use money and hundred charts.  It's a work in progress.
Don't worry... I have also had lots of fun.
My babies keep me company all the time!
Teri and I before our 5 km race!
Enjoy the rest of your day!

2 comments:

  1. Is your number of the day for the SMARTBOARD? If so, can you send it to me to translate to French? I have a poster I used this year but want to switch to doing it on the SMARTBOARD.

    ReplyDelete