Saturday, 12 July 2014

Tech Tip - Fancy Letters for Word Walls, etc.

I just learned something new and thought I would share it with those who did not know how to do this.  I wanted to make my word wall letters match the pretty calendar months that I posted yesterday.  But I did not know how to fill the letters with the pretty digital paper.  It was easy as pie - actually, I find pie kind of tricky.  Let's say it's as easy as riding a bike.

First, I opened up Powerpoint to a new blank page.  Then I clicked on "insert WordArt",
In the box that says "Your Text Here", I typed an A and made it the size I wanted.  I chose 200 for my word wall letters.  Then I clicked "Format Text".  (I used control and left click to get this box.)
Then I clicked on "Text Fill" at the left, "Picture or Texture" at the top and "Choose Picture".  Then I selected the digital paper I wanted to use from my computer.  You can change the colour and thickness of the line outlining each letter if you'd like by clicking 'Text Line".
 Ta da!  It's as easy as that... Riding a bicycle.  (My lovely niece Claire drew the bike.  Isn't she talented?  I love that girl!)
If you would like a copy of my pretty new Word Wall letters, click on the picture below.  :-)
Happy creating!

4 comments:

  1. Lisa! That is awesome! I had no idea! This could save me a ton of money!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Emmy Mac's Class

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!! I always wondered how people did that! That is so cool. Thanks so much for sharing this info. Actually, keep sharing ANY infer you get because I could use all the help I can get. So much I don't know, and I need to keep adding to that learning to keep up with these youngin' who've grown up on this. Me? First computer at 27, so I'm learning late.

    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job!! They look awesome. I can't wait to see what they look like in your classroom!
    Erin
    Learning to be awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work! I just love all things techie and pretty:)

    Ruby Slippers Designs

    ReplyDelete